11. Colman’s Shepherd’s Pie Advert
This mini soap opera of an advert tells the tell of what happens when a dad tries to support his daughter after a break up, with the help of a shepherd’s.
One Guardian commentator unkindly described this as advert as an example of “Modern Man dutifully acknowledging how useless he is…luckily for him, he has a packet of dehydrated pie that promises to ‘say it all’.”
Another way to view this advert is as a celebration of the tender stoicism of paternal masculinity.
The next advert takes an original take on the father-son relationship, you can watch it now by clicking here.
In the run up to launch of the film Down Dog on 14 February, insideMAN is running a series of articles about fatherhood and we’d love you to get involved. You can join the conversation on twitter by using the hashtag #MenBehavingDADly; leave a comment in the section below or email us with your thoughts and ideas for articles to [email protected].
For more information about the film see www.downdogfilm.com
- 12 brilliant adverts starring dads that everyone will love
- Are advertisers finally beginning to take dads seriously?
- Why it’s time for advertisers to go father
- The brands ignore and exclude dads is offensive
- Finally a British advert to make us proud of dads
- Is Boots ad sexist?
- Angry dads defeat sexist ads
- Early Learning Centre apologises for sexist tweet ridiculing dads
- Who’s the one man in TV ads British men aspire to be like